19. August 2010
I recently moved our Subversion repository to a new machine and in doing so ran into a little snag.
Once I had installed my favourite Subversion binaries from Slik SVN, I manually configured the service and low and behold it didn't "just work". Despite the service definitely running and several svnadmin commands showing everything was OK with the repository itself it just wouldn't accept my connections. All I got was the error
Can't connect to host 'svn.example.com':
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
After much digging and a lot of trial and error I found adding
to the service executable line did the trick.